10 Different types of Home Security Cameras to go for : Security is an essential part of our day-to-day life. Considering the advancement in technology, individuals and their belongings can now be widely protected. Different commercial and residential areas are now adopting a standard security protocol that helps reduce the possibility of crime by monitoring the activity around the clock. Surveillance ensured with the help of different types of CCTV cameras. With the different types of security cameras available today, you should be able to identify the right kind of camera to meet your security purposes.
10 Different types of Home Security Cameras to go for
- Dome Camera – These type is named after its peculiar shape and is considered typically for indoor use. The dome shape makes it difficult to make out which side the camera is facing which acts as an advantage. Some are equipped with infrared illuminators that help them capture videos even in low light conditions. They are normally installed on the ceiling. Mostly used for surveillance in offices and retail stores. YI Dome Camera is one best selling dome cameras ever.
- Bullet Camera – These comes is a long-tapered cylinder-like design and considered mostly for outdoor use especially where long-distance view is required. However, these can be used indoors like in backyards and parking lots. They are fitted with a fixed or varifocal lens. These are installed inside a protective casing and are usually weatherproof. Most bullet cameras allow a fixed-length angle of view of around 80 degrees which covers a distance of up to 40 Ft.
- C-Mount Camera – This type comes with detachable lenses to suit different purposes. Usually, a CCTV Camera has the capacity to record up to 35 feet and when you need coverage beyond this distance, you can go for a C-Mount Camera that comes with various lenses to help you achieve the purpose. Normally, a varifocal lens proves to be useful in adjusting the viewing angle and to fine-tune focal distance as it can be zoomed in and out without losing focus. It is mostly used for achieving variable zoom in surveillance.
- Day/Night CCTV Camera – This type proves to be useful in both standard and poorly lit environments and thus can be used 24×7. These do not require any infrared illuminators as they are equipped with an extra sensitive imagining chip to be is used in the dark. They have a wide dynamic range and can be used outdoors under glare or reflections and direct sunlight.
- Pan Tilt Zoom (PTZ) Camera – This offers the freedom to the surveillance operator to pan, tilt and zooms the lens. It can either be manually controlled or programmed to achieve an accurate view of any object. Since this type of camera can be monitored with the help of live controls they can be used in highly sensitive zones where live monitoring is essential. Some of the expensive PTZ Cameras are normally used to achieve responsiveness.
- High Definition (HD) CCTV Camera – These have the ability to record high frame rates and at HD quality the resolution of which is much better than any other CCTV Camera. It can provide finer details and allow the operator to zoom in without losing on the picture quality. This variety is ideal for the casinos and banks where detailed surveillance is required.
- Infrared/Night Vision CCTV Camera – This model is equipped with Infrared LEDs and designed particularly for the dark conditions. Night-vision CCTV camera allows us to see things even in case of poor lighting conditions or in absolute darkness.
- IP CCTV Camera – Also known as network CCTV cameras has the ability to transmit recordings through the internet. It may be based on both wired and wireless technology. When compared to any analog camera, it can be easily installed. It has the potential to send recordings over a far distance without the use of a cable.
- Wireless CCTV Camera – This is a plug and play home security camera options that have gained huge popularity. It is a portable option which allows you to move from one place to another easily as and when required.
- Live Streaming Cameras – These are ideal in case of remote monitoring or unmanned camera system for your home. You can place it on top of any furniture to receive a signal on your phone or computer system allowing live viewing.